NIGERIA TRAVEL WEEK maiden edition scheduled for NOVEMBER 20TH to 25TH, 2017 is a multi-day tourism event platform that aims to drive the Nigeria tourism sector by bringing together buyers, consumers, travel techs, tourism/travel service providers and the media to network, review and discuss the development of tourism in Nigeria. It also aims to promote a culture of traveling and exploring both domestic and outbound in Nigerians.
This year’s theme is “The Nigerian Tourism Ecosystem: Maximizing Opportunities for Sustainable Development”. The following events would take place during the Nigeria Travel Week:
TOURISM GOLF CUP
DATE: 22nd November, 2017
VENUE: Ikoyi Club, 6 Ikoyi Club 1938 Rd, Ikoyi, Lagos
The Tourism Cup will see golf enthusiasts and tourism industry players network and enjoy a day of golf at the iconic Ikoyi Club Golf Course. It holds at the most prestigious Ikoyi Club and will feature two sessions where tourism professionals, stakeholders and policy makers discuss the development of tourism in Nigeria.
TRAVEL ROUND TABLE
DATE: 23rd November, 2017
VENUE: Wheatbaker Hotel, 4 Lawrence Rd, Ikoyi 101233, Lagos
Two sessions where tourism professionals, stakeholders and policy makers discuss the development of tourism in Nigeria.
- Moderator – Mr Oluwaseyi Adegoke-Adeyemo, Publisher of Inside Watch Africa (IWA)
- Keynote Address – Mr Folorunsho Folarin-Coker, DG, Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC)
- First Session: Leveraging Tourism For a Vibrant & Sustainable Economy. Panelists include: Anthony Shishler, Waturi Wa Matu, Didier Bayeye, Jemi Alade, Efetobo Awhana
- Second Session: National Carrier & Tourism Development: Costs versus Benefits. Panelists include: Prof Wolfgang Thome, Capt. Fola Akinkuotu, Alex Nwuba, Toni Ukachukwu
THE VILLAGE SQUARE
DATE: 24th November, 2017
VENUE: Freedom Park,Lagos Old Prison Ground Broad Street, Lagos Island, Lagos
VILLAGE SQUARE – CELEBRATION OF NIGERIAN CULTURE
- SETTING – Typical local Nigerian village square, with all guests role-playing villagers dressed in local attires
- DRAMA & DANCE – Traditional drama and dance presentations
- FOOD – Ofada rice, Pounded Yam, Asaro, Amala, Tuwo, Jollof rice, Afang, Banga and Starch, Pepper Soup, Suya
- DRINKS – Kunu, Fura, Zobo, Palmwine, Tigernut etc
- LOCAL SNACKS – Guguru, Groundnut, Bole, Dodo Ikire, Ipekere, Donkua, Ukwa, Masa, Kokoro
- OTHER TRADITIONAL OFFERINGS – Bitter Kola, Kolanuts, Okwoji, Garden egg, Alligator pepper, Ube
DATE: 25th November, 2017
VENUE: Lekki Conservation Centre, 19 Lekki – Epe Expy, Lekki Penninsula II, Lekki
The Travel Hangout is a social mixer event holding at the popular nature conservation park, Lekki Conservation Centre (LCC). It will attract young trendy socially mobile individuals and families to hangout and learn about tourism in Nigeria whilst also enjoying a key tourist attraction itself, LCC.
- SETTING – Nature park with serene, laid-back family friendly setting
- AUDIENCE – Individuals & Families looking for a fun weekend activity will be able to learn about tourism attractions and tour products/services from select exhibitors
- ACTIVITIES – Lots of games and activities including 5-aside football, volleyball, chess, scrabble, ludo, ayo, MeWalk (our fun trendy version of the catwalk) etc
- FOOD & DRINKS – BBQ, Small chops, various drinks etc
NIGERIA TRAVEL AWARDS
DATE: 25th November, 2017
VENUE: Federal Palace Hotel, 6-8 Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos
The Nigeria Tourism Awards also known as The Balearica Awards is the climax of the Nigeria Travel Week. Nigeria Tourism Awards will celebrate and highlight the achievements of outstanding travel professionals, organizations and trend setters in the Nigerian travel industry.
Vote your favorite nominee in each category and stand a chance to win amazing prizes. Click link HERE to vote.
To attend any or all of the above events next week, kindly go to their website HERE and register.